It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Basket of Fall

It's here!  Thanksgiving Week! Yippee!  I really enjoy Thanksgiving, and have many memories of different Thanksgivings, in many different places and settings.  Some years are just a blur, but other years are a treasured memory.  I always enjoyed going to Mississippi at this time of year, and always wish that I was there at this time of year. 

But the purpose of this post is to close out the fall season.  Last night I was gathering up fall decorations to be used at today's Thanksgiving potluck lunch for my Sunday School class.  I was putting them all in a picnic basket and realized that I had created a basket of fall.  It occurred to me that this was an appropriate way to say farewell to fall.


When these decorations came home today they did not go back on display.  They are now stored away, to wait for next October's display.  Goodbye Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment