It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Lists

I like to make lists. Some better than others.  Grocery lists are a chore; shopping lists for fabric and quilt supplies are a pure joy.  Having a list helps me focus on what I need to do.  Sadly, I have gotten out of the habit of making lists routinely.  I just carry around all my to do's and planning lists in my head.  I have a spiral calendar that I carry around and jot notes in, but haven't really made lists.  After all, who has time to sit around and make lists?

I've always been good at multi-tasking at work.  I can juggle multiple tasks, prioritizing each one and working through each in an organized way.  No problem.  But for some reason I've lost total control of multi-tasking in my personal life.  It has been a downward spiral recently.  Big problem.  The solution, I've decided is that I need to start making lists again.  Seeing the task written down reminds me of what I need to do, either that day, during the week, or in the coming month. Making the list helps me focus and set priorities.  Just a simple thing, a list.

But wait, there's more.  How many lists have I made today?  Uh-oh, I think I need a list of the lists!

No comments:

Post a Comment