It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Wednesday, May 16, 2018

The Vintage Find


My love of vintage things has expanded from just looking at pictures and any display I happen upon to actually wanting vintage things to have in my possession to use and enjoy.
These little clip earrings immediately reminded me of my Mother’s costume jewelry that I so loved as a child.  Theses were marked $2 as is – after I got home and looked carefully I realized that one is missing a rhinestone in the middle. But no loss as my pierced ears do not appreciate the pain inflicted by clip earrings.  Instead these will be used for sweater clips and hat decorations.  I have toyed with the idea of perhaps having the rhinestone replaced and the pair converted into post earrings, but for now they are clipped to this shutter for display.  And, yes the collection is growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment