It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Friday, June 5, 2015

Friday Fives 06.05.2015

The "retro-fitted" seatless tricycle
I'm sending this out a little early this week, you'll see why as you read.  Here's what I'm thankful for today:

1.  I'm thankful for memories of hot summer nights spent with a dear little boy.  Playing on the driveway with tricycle, blue wading pool, and sidewalk chalk.  We would come in at dark, hot and tired but very pleased with the evening's activity.  The little boy just finished fifth grade and has not played outside until dark in a year or two.  I miss those nights, but am so thankful for the memories and the child that is growing up.

2.  I'm thankful for weekend visitors (the reason for this going out early).  My sister and nephew will come over for the weekend.  She and I can go for weeks with just an e-mail or text, but when we do either call or visit we just pick up right where we left off before. For the coming visit, I am thankful.

3.  I'm thankful for the angel that watches over me in traffic (no explanation needed, right?).

4.  I'm thankful for life, not only physical life, but life.  The process of living.  It can be stressful or pleasant, having ups and downs as well as smooth times.  It involves relationships.  It involves learning new things every day, experiencing life in those new things. 

5.  I'm thankful at the marvel of seeing little tiny droplets of rain glistening in the trees on Sunday morning after our final round of storms roared through Saturday evening.  They twinkled like little pulsing stars, reflecting all over the trees in the early morning sunlight.  The wind helped them along by moving the tree branches in a changing choreography of movement and light.  Occasionally a strong gust would send the droplets raining down to the ground.  In just a few minutes the display was over as the sun rose higher, but enchanted me while it lasted with its sparkling display.

No comments:

Post a Comment