It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Saturday, March 7, 2015

Straggly Beauty

I'm not sure how long this straggly looking petunia has been in this hanging pot that I can see through my kitchen window.  I think I planted it last spring and it survived the summer heat to linger on into fall and winter.  Let's just say it has never been a beauty and I did not give it much attention.  But this afternoon I realized that in spite of its straggly appearance it has been giving me a few constant blooms all this time.

Beautiful fuschia blooms with dark etching-like veins.  The Master Gardener gave these blooms a little extra care so I could enjoy their delicate beauty on a chilly March afternoon. Maybe I need to give them a little extra care, too.  They are straggly, but ooh soo lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment