It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Sunday, May 4, 2014

3 Things

After I had to give up my beloved flip phone and joined the modern world with a smart phone I put an e-Bible app on it.  I liked the idea of being able to read a verse or two when I wanted to, maybe while eating my lunch or when I had to wait somewhere for just had a few minutes.  A lot of people at church were using their phones to read scriptures, so it seemed like a good idea.  However, the app I chose never seemed to work right and their web site was of no help, so I never really used it. It was time to move on.

Today after some app browsing I went with Bible Gateway because I've used them online and felt they would have a good app.  After it finally loaded I opened it up and when I reached their home page there was a verse of the day:

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12

Three simple things to follow on a daily basis.  Be joyful, patient, and faithful.  I had to think that that's all we really need, isn't it?  If we were a little more joyful, how happy the world would be.  If we were a little more patient, how easy the day to day would be.  And, if we were a little more faithful how different the world would be.  I am reminded of my church's mission statement that also has 3 simple things to strive for:  Love God, Serve Others, Change the World.


No comments:

Post a Comment