It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Saturday, August 11, 2012

Steps

I don't know why but a set of steps along a curb has always caught my attention.  Especially ones that lead to a vacant lot. I always have to wonder about what was there that the steps led to and why that building is no longer there.


Gulfport, MS

I didn't have to wonder about what happened to the building these stairs led into; it was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.
 
These steps lead up to the abandonded T& P Hospital. I had to wonder about all the patients and their families that went up and down these steps.



No steps here, but still made me wonder about the house that had once been there.  Now this was all that was left - two lions at the end of the sidewalk, guarding the vacant lot.


A man's heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps.  Proverbs 16:9


No comments:

Post a Comment