It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Sunday, May 1, 2011

"The Adventure of a Lifetime"

Yesterday my Sunday School class went out to the ranch that belongs to one of the couples in the class.  It has been in the wife's family for generations, and I've heard many stories about relatives being captured by the Indians and other pioneer adventures that took place on this property.  I took Jaydon along and he had a blast.  To get to the ranch you leave civilization and paved roads far behind.  As we started down the dirt road Jaydon excitedly commented "This is going to be the adventure of a lifetime!"  By the time we got to the ranch I was starting to think the same thing.  We went over two cattle guards, through an electronic gate, crossed two more cattle guards, went up and down and around and over a very rough road for several miles and then we were at the ranch house.

With just a little encouragement Jaydon caught on to the rope swing

There was time for tree climbing

Jaydon spent a lot of time on the tire swing

The black object is a large Angus bull.  I was told it was very gentle, but I wasn't sure about two small boys being that close to such a large animal! There was a light fence between them and the bull, it just doesn't show up in this picture.

The end of the adventure of a lifetime! I made this picture after I had pulled into the garage and opened the car door.  He insists that he was play-sleeping but I assure you he had passed out!  As we discussed it over dinner tonight we all reassured him that a nap in the car on the way home is a good way to end an adventure.
There was also a small "tank" (pond to me) that Jaydon enjoyed exploring around and one of the men wanted to teach him to shoot a .22 rifle.  I had to decline on that offer as I think he needs to be a little bit older and understand the importance of safety with firearms.  His mommy agreed, too!

I also got several pictures of hummingbirds and cardinals but will share them in another post.  I've been experimenting with my camera and switched over to manual mode several times.  Let's just say that I need to experiment a bit more...

No comments:

Post a Comment