It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday mornings

Psalms 122:1 I was glad when they said to me, "Let us go to the house of the Lord!"

I thought of this verse this morning as I was waiting to step into the bell loft to ring handbells at the 9:30 service. Today was Communion Sunday and the Bell Choir was to ring during Communion. As the familiar liturgy began I looked up at the altar with the beautiful stained glass behind it and I knew it was good to be in God's house and just concentrating on worship.

The Lord be with you...and also with you. Lift up your hearts...we lift them up to the Lord. Let us give thanks to the Lord our God...it is right to give our thanks and praise.

I love the liturgy and the traditions of the church. What wonderful peace I feel being poured over me when I enter God's house. And not just on Sunday mornings, many nights when I walk in for a rehearsal I glance at the altar and go, "ah, all is well" and know that I can go on.

And as the Communion liturgy is ending we proclaim, "Christ has died, Christ has risen, Christ will come again. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment